The Pi Phi Sorority house was originally built in 1927 and designed by Ellis F. Lawrence, founder and dean of the School of Architecture at University of Oregon. GBD provided a masterplan of expansion with phased construction that meet budget and schedule. Any disruptive construction work was limited to a 3 month window during summer break. The result is a carefully crafted 2,000sf addition that matches existing architectural detailing referenced from historic photographs.
While the renovation provides a flexible space amenable to the social and study habits of current students, the design remains faithful to its classical roots, and speculates as to what Lawrence might have done if still alive today.
GBD Architects Incorporated 1120 NW Couch St., Suite 300 Portland, OR 97209 Tel. (503) 224-9656 firstname.lastname@example.org