The Foothills District Framework Plan is the result of a collaborative effort between public and private partners who worked together to arrive at a broadly-supported vision for redevelopment of the 107-acre Foothills District; and to establish recommendations that remove the barriers to achieving that vision—including regulatory, infrastructure and economic issues.
The framework plan is a development-intelligent plan intended to recognize the unique physical characteristics of the area while establishing an economically viable approach to redevelopment of the District. It is intended to establish the foundation, direction and parameters for the City’s Comprehensive Pan and Development code amendments.
GBD provided the following scope of services:
- Team organization and project management;
- Public participation and community involvement;
- Foothills District inventory and analysis, including graphic and written representation of the work;
- Framework Plan goals and concepts;
- Draft Framework Plan;
- Final Framework Plan; and
- Implementation products and process assistance.